Friday, October 17, 2014

Happy Halloween

I see things you can make with the Stampin' Up Owl punch all the time and like to try some of the various "creatures" you can make with it, including this bat.  Isn't it cute?

I found this grayish purplish textured paper from a DCWV stack that I bought a long time ago.  It was perfect to use as an eerie background for this card.  I die-cut the stitched circle, stamped "Happy Halloween" on it and adhered it to the card.

The branch is die-cut in black cardstock using the Memory Box Woodland Branch.  I cut the body of the bat in black cardstock  and made the wings by cutting the Pippi Butterfly in half.  I can't take credit for that clever idea, I read it on Pinterest!  I used googly eyes to make the card a little more fun looking and placed the bat on foam tape.

I die-cut Will's name in purple cardstock and tied Lilac twine around the bottom of the card.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  Superstition
  • Paper:  PTI True Black, Plum Pudding, White Stampers Select; DCWV
  • Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Tools:  Stampin Up Two Step Own Punch; Memory Box Woodland Branch Die, Pippi Butterfly Die, Alphabet Soup Die; Lil Inker Designs Stitched Mats: Circle Die
  • Other:  Googly Eyes; Foam Tape; Twine
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!