Friday, February 20, 2015

Happy Birthday

Doesn't this simple strip of paper down the side of the card dress it up a little?

On a white cardstock card base, I used the flowers and bigger leaves from Friendly Flowers, stamping the flowers in Rosebud ink and the leaves in Spring Moss ink. I added bitty black dots the flower centers, using my favorite little stamp from Reasons To Smile - I just love those little dots! lol The sentiment is also stamped in black ink.

The black polka dot paper is a strip of Stampin' Up paper I found in my scrap folder, but it was just big enough to place on the card. I think the black strip helps bring out the black centers and sentiment. For embellishment, I added two colors of pink sequins (Pink Peonies, Pink Blush) and the card was done!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Friendly Flowers, Reasons To Smile; WPlus9 Fresh Cut Florals
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select; Stampin' Up
  • Ink:  PTI Spring Moss; Memento Rosebud, Tuxedo Black
  • Other:  Pretty Pink Posh Sequins
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!