It's Day 5 of Papertrey's Birthday Week and the contest is to ink up a stamp set that's never been used before! I have quite a few, but I just received Fair Isle Motifs last month and wanted to try it out. So here goes.
I wanted to used the square stamp to create a background and picked Scarlet Jewel for the color. I drew a very light line in pencil marking the center of the card. I lined up the top and bottom of the stamp on the line and stamped 3 of the squares down the center of the card.
Next, I again drew a light line marking the distance between the center of the card and the halfway point to the edge and repeated stamping the squares. Once these were completed on both sides, it was easy to fill in the last rows on the edges of the card. I was happy the card came out so straight looking!
I cut a piece of Scarlet Jewel cardstock and rounded the edges on one side. I stamped the sentiment in Versamark ink, sprinkled it with White Zing and heat embossed it. The sentiment is on foam tape for dimension. The panel is adhered to a Scarlet Jewel cardstock card base. This sure makes a nice male birthday card, don't you think?
Card Details:
- Stamps: PTI Fair Isle Motifs, Keep It Simple: Birthday
- Paper: PTI Scarlet Jewel, White Stampers Select
- Ink: PTI Scarlet Jewel; VersaMark
- Tools: Heat Gun
- Other: Zing; Foam Tape
- Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!