Thursday, February 12, 2015

Happy Birthday

It's now Day 8 of PTI's Birthday Week - and the contests have kept me busy in my craft room this week! Today's contest is to create a project that features a "blue ombre effect".  

Using my Harlequin Cover Plate, I die-cut it in white, Enchanted Evening, Blueberry Sky and Spring Rain cardstock. After I popped out all the pieces, I decided to arrange it from dark blue to light blue. It was fun putting in all the pieces (although time consuming since I glued each one)...sort of like putting a puzzle together.

I die-cut the banner using a Bountiful Banner die and stamped the sentiment in Enchanted Evening ink - I wanted the dark ink to help bring the dark blue from the top to the bottom. The banner is on foam tape for dimension.  To complete the card, I added a few of my favorite clear sequins.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Keep It Simple: Birthday
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select, Enchanted Evening, Blueberry Sky, Spring Rain
  • Ink:  PTI Enchanted Evening
  • Dies: PTI Cover Plate: Harlequin, Bountiful Banners
  • Other:  Pretty Pink Posh Sequins
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

3 comments:

  1. Great card Lainey! I like the effect you created with this coverplate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card! I will have to try this with my Harlequin cover plate. Great take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!