This week's Make It Monday #212 - Fussy Cutting Tips is by Ashley Cannon Newell. Fussy cutting is something I've done before, but I always just eyeballed it when cutting. I never thought to trace around the item first with pencil and then cut it! It's really so much easier to do it this way! Thanks Ashley for a great tip!
I used the Make A Wish stamp set for my card, stamping the candles in a variety of bright colors on white cardstock. The flames were stamped with Harvest Gold ink.
"Make a wish" is stamped in Smokey Shadow ink, also on white cardstock. I traced around the sentiment and cut it out. (Note: my tip after cutting is to use my sanding block to round off any corners that might not be quite as rounded as I'd like them to be.) I placed the sentiment on foam tape and positioned it about one third from the bottom of the card. The panel is adhered to a Raspberry Fizz cardstock card base.
I added Glossy Accents to the candles and placed a few clear iridescent sequins on the card to make it a bit more festive looking.
Card Details:
- Stamps: PTI Make A Wish, Think Big Favorite #13
- Paper: PTI Raspberry Fizz, White Stampers Select
- Ink: PTI Hawaiian Shores, Harvest Gold, Smokey Shadow; Memento Tangelo, Pear Tart, Rosebud
- Other: Sequins; Foam Tape; Glossy Accents
- Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"

Lainey, your fussy cut sentiment looks 'die cut', so perfect! Adorable birthday card, great happy colors!
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute card and great job fussy cutting.
ReplyDeletethis is really fabulous!
ReplyDeleteLove this! Super choice of sentiment for fussy cutting!
ReplyDeleteVery pretty card..i never thought to trace with a pencil either! Works well.
ReplyDeleteLove this! :)
ReplyDeleteThis card makes me happy! Love the fussy cut sentiment over the candles. Thanks for taking on the fussy cutting challenge for this week's Make It Monday!
ReplyDeleteLOVE this card! Your fussy cut sentiment is just perfect with all those candles in the background. This is one of those cards that will definitely bring a smile to the recipients face...it did mine! :0)
ReplyDeleteThis looks great! What a fun birthday card and your fussy cutting looks wonderful .
ReplyDeleteThis is such a happy cheerful card (I usually need cheering up on my birthday). And perfect fussy cutting, Lainey.
ReplyDeleteLove it!
ReplyDeleteLainey, darling card. Great fussy cutting on the sentiment. I love all those little sequins, too.
ReplyDelete