Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Papertrey August Blog Hop Challenge

This is the picture we're supposed to use as inspiration for this month's challenge.


When I first looked at the picture, the yarn hanging in the front of the table reminded me of PTI's new Brushed Off stamp set so that's what I used for my card.

On white cardstock, I stamped the five ink colors (Morocco, Tangelo, Summer Sunrise, Harvest Gold, Lemon Tart) to create an ombre look, stamping the images at different lengths.  I added the sentiment stamped in Smokey Shadow ink.

I cut the stamped panel to 4" x 5.25", backed it with craft Fun Foam and adhered it to a white cardstock card base. I really like the dimension this adds to the card by doing this! 

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Brushed Off, Think Big Favorites #22
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select
  • Ink:  PTI Summer Sunrise, Harvest Gold, Lemon Tart, Smokey Shadow; Memento Morocco, Tangelo
  • Other:  Fun Foam
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

14 comments:

  1. A perfect use for this stamp! I just love the swatches of brushed off colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still kicking myself for not getting this stamp! Oh well. Your lovely use of those stamps remind me of the yarn set out to dry. Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple - beautiful - perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brushed Off is perfect for the yarn on the front of the table. Wonderful card (oh I love that stamp set!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bright & fresh feel of your card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a perfect example of how a simple design can make a huge impact! I adore this, Lainey!! Enjoy the hop! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a stunning CAS design. It works so well for this challenge, Lainey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This stamp is perfect for this card. Such a beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! We were on the same wavelength with our cards.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lainey, your card is beautiful with the colorful brush strokes and white space. Going to PIN this one for later!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!