Saturday, August 29, 2015

Stamp-A-Faire: Bridal Challenge


Well, I was up bright and early today to get started on the first challenge. This challenge is to create a card all in white, with the use of neutral colors just for the sentiment. Hmm, I added a little silver to the hearts...I hope that's okay!!

I started with a white cardstock card base and added a layer of vellum over top - it's really hard to see but it's a very pretty floral print. Next, I die-cut a Keep It Simple Frame in white and stamped the sentiment in Versamark ink. I sprinkled it with silver Zing embossing powder, heat set it and placed the frame on fun foam to add dimension.

The ribbon around the spine has silver in it and helps pull in the sentiment. The card was looking too plain to me so I added the two hearts made from Cover Plate: Hearts. I dipped the edges of the heart in silver embossing powder and heat set it. The hearts are also on fun foam for additional dimension to the card.

Sorry this is not a great picture. I can never get a good picture of white cards! There must be a secret to doing it.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Keep It Simple: Wedding
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select; Vellum
  • Ink:  Versamark
  • Dies:  PTI Keep It Simple Frames, Cover Plate: Hearts
  • Tools:  Heat Tool
  • Other:  Ribbon; Fun Foam; Silver Zing Embossing Powder
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!