Saturday, August 29, 2015

Stamp-A-Faire: Mix & Match Challenge


This challenge is to mix and match at least 3 different pattern papers. I've done a little of this in the past with two papers, but not three. Now to get busy and pull out some papers! Is it cheating if I use a PTI pattern pack with the papers already picked out?? lol I'm in the mood to make an Autumn card, and Autumn Abundance is perfect for what I have in mind.

On white cardstock, I layered the (1) background striped paper and added a 3/4" strip of (2) leaves on the left hand side. I die-cut a stitched circle in Vintage Cream cardstock and stamped the sentiment. I die-cut the circle again in a (3) plaid paper and placed it under the sentiment. The circle is on fun foam for dimension.

I wanted to add a leaf at the top and die-cut one in Terracotta Tile cardstock. I inked the edges with Versamark ink, sprinkled it with gold Zing embossing powder and heat set it. I think Danielle showed us how to do this last year (or was it the year before??)

Once I put the leaf on, the card was screaming to me for some jute so I tied a bit around the top of the card. I really like how this turned out using the three different patterns!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Birthday Classics: November
  • Paper:  PTI Autumn Abundance, Vintage Cream, Terracotta Tile, White Stampers Select
  • Ink:  Memento Morocco; Versamark
  • Dies:  PTI Leaf Prints; Lil Inker Designs Stitched Mats: Circles
  • Tools:  Heat Tool
  • Other:  Zing Embossing Powder; Jute; Fun Foam
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

3 comments:

  1. This is a great mix! Thanks for playing along. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So warm and inviting -- makes me long for Fall to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job! The colors are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!