Sunday, July 22, 2012

SAF: Handmade Embellishments Challenge

The challenge was to create custom embellishments from one of the posted videos.  I chose Dawn's because she used butterflies, and well, I like butterflies.

I used Dark Chocolate for the card base and added a layer of ivory patterned paper from Chocolate Remix.  I die cut two different butterflies using Dark Chocolate and Sweet Blush pattern papers.  I layered them on  top of each other and added a Sweet Blush button threaded with Flax twine.

I die cut Mat Stack 1 from Sweet Blush and stamped it in brown and added the sentiment from Framed Out #1.  I adhered the die cut to the card.  Looking at it, it was too plain to me so I added more twine around the middle, tying it in a bow.  I think that completed the card!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Mat Stack 1 Collection, Framed Out #1
  • Paper:  PTI Sweet Blush, Dark Chocolate, Pink Patterns, 2008 Bitty Box Basics, Chocolate Remix
  • Tools:  PTI Beautiful Butterflies Die, Mat Stack 1 Die
  • Other:  PTI Sweet Blush Button; Twine
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

1 comment:

  1. Hello Lainey,
    I enjoyed reading all your posts re SAF. Your projects are lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!