I'm still celebrating PTI's Birthday - and for today's contest we need to make a project that uses metallics and neutral colors. Lucky for me, I have gold mirror paper in my stash.
I started with a piece of 4.25" x 5.5" Vintage Cream cardstock and ran it through the Cuttlebug to add the stitching around the edges. Next, I splashed Mr. Huey's gold mist over it. While it was drying, I die-cut the balloons and celebrate in the gold paper. I cut celebrate two more times in Vintage Cream and glued the three die-cuts together for dimension.
The balloons are on foam tape and slightly overlapped. I attached gold cording for the balloon strings. Let me tell you about this cording. I found it in my Grandmother's house when I was cleaning it out this past summer. It's called "non-tarnishable tinsel" for crocheting and knitting, 75 yards for 29¢ - yes, 29¢!! lol I wonder how old it is? I think it's 40-50 years old.
After the card was done, it looked too plain so I added the gold stars. Now I think it looks much more festive. The hardest part about making this card was trying to photograph it without me or the camera in the picture! It looks much prettier and shinier in person!!
Card Details:
- Paper: PTI Vintage Cream; Gold Mirror
- Dies: PTI Birthday Style, Wet Paint Cuts III; Lil Inker Designs Stitched Mats: Rectangles
- Other: Cording; Sequins
- Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"

Such a cute card.
ReplyDeleteSo perfect and gorgeous. Love this! Your non-tarnishable cording is a real treasure (especially at that price!).
ReplyDeleteSweet card! What a fun find for you too. I love using found treasures.
ReplyDeleteLove the card. What a nice way to say Happy Birthday to someone special!
ReplyDelete