I wasn't sure what I was going to make this year and then saw a gable box Lizzie Jones posted on her blog and remembered I had this gable box die! I ordered a bunch of pastel pattern papers from PTI and went to work on these.
Each gable box is two of the same die cut and uses almost a full sheet of 8-1/2 x 11 paper (I have a lot of trimmings left over and you'll see them used on cards). I die-cut both pieces, cutting an oval window in one piece. The two pieces were put together with scor-tape; I placed acetate behind the oval window. I also added a piece of white cardstock on the inside bottom of the box for support (not sure it really needed it).
The tags were cut in coordinating solid cardstock using Fillable Frames #9 die. I die-cut the rabbits in white and added pink coloring to the ears and nose. The sentiment is stamped in black ink. The tags are tied onto the box with white crochet twine.
The boxes were lined with coordinating Easter grass and filled with assorted candy. I think these turned out adorable - they're a perfect size - not too small or too big!
Project Details:
- Stamps: PTI Hippity Hoppity
- Paper: PTI Spring Moss Stripes, Sweet Blush Polka Dots, Plum Pudding Bitty Dots, Lemon Tart Stripes, Spring Moss, Sweet Blush, Winter Wisteria, Lemon Tart, White Stampers Select
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
- Copics: R81, R83
- Dies: PTI Gable Box, Fillable Frames #9, Hippity Hoppity, Limitless Layers: Ovals
- Other: Crochet Twine; Acetate; Candy; Easter Grass; Scor-Tape
- Project Size: 2 1/8" deep x 3 1/2" wide x 3 7/8" tall





These are so cute! Wish I had one!
ReplyDelete