Saturday, April 25, 2015

Papertrey April Blog Hop Challenge

It's been a while since I entered the Blog Hop, but the colors in this picture are so pretty I wanted to see how I could use them on a card.  The challenge is to use navy and shades of pink together.


I started with a white cardstock card base and used my Cover Plate: Horizontal Stripes die-cut in Enchanted Evening. Next, I die-cut a bunch of flowers in different sizes from Mum's The Word. I stamped some of the flowers in Berry Sorbet ink and some in Sweet Blush ink. The leaves are stamped in Spring Moss ink.

I arranged the flowers on the card, placing a few on foam tape for dimension. I also used coarse glitter on them for a bit of sparkle.

The sentiment is stamped in Enchanted Evening ink on a Keep It Simple Frame die-cut in Berry Sorbet and white cardstock. I placed it on foam tape for added dimension. To finish the card, I tied Blossom twine below the flowers.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Mum's The Word, Healing Touch Sentiments
  • Paper:  PTI Enchanted Evening, White Stampers Select, Berry Sorbet
  • Ink:  PTI Berry Sorbet, Sweet Blush, Enchanted Evening, Spring Moss
  • Dies:  PTI Mum's The Word, Keep It Simple Frames; Cover Plate: Horizontal Stripes
  • Other:  Twine; Foam Tape; Coarse Glitter
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! Love those flowers on this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers are so pretty I love how you stamped them . Lovely card. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the navy and white striped background with those gorgeous flowers! Pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The navy & white stripe is one of my favorite elements in the photo - love the way you used it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your flowers and stripes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty. You and I and a lot of other used stripes. I never noticed them in the inspiration photo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card and I love that sentiment...think I'm going to have to add that set to my wish list! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card! Love the stamped flowers and the colors are perfect from the inspiration photo!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!