I'm so happy the watercolor trend is still around because I've been in the mood to watercolor again. It's been a while since I've done this technique.
I used two colors of Stampin' Up reinkers for this, placing the colors on a piece of acetate, spritzing it with water and flipping it over onto a piece of white cardstock. I rubbed the ink so it was spread over the cardstock to my liking.
The post is die-cut in black cardstock. I die-cut the signs and stamped them with coordinating colors, using Hawaiian Shores ink on the arrow to add something other than a pink or orange color. The post is on foam tape for dimension.
I stamped the sentiment in black ink and mounted the panel on a black cardstock card base. I don't normally use black for a card base, but this looked good together and helped bring out the black on the panel.
Card Details:
- Stamps: PTI Retro Birthday, Birthday Bash Sentiments
- Paper: PTI True Black, White Stampers Select
- Ink: PTI Hibiscus Burst, Hawaiian Shores, Berry Sorbet; Stampin' Up Summer Sun Reinker, Pretty in Pink Reinker; Memento Tuxedo Black
- Dies: PTI Retro Style
- Other: Foam Tape; Acetate
- Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"

Your watercolor is very pretty and that pop of Hawaiian Shores is perfect. Great card!
ReplyDelete