This card was inspired by a card Laura Bassen made using Zig Brush Markers. At the time I didn't have the markers and used distress inks instead.
I inked up a Plaid embossing folder with Versamark ink and pressed the plaid image onto a piece of 140# watercolor paper. I sprinkled it with white Zing and used my heat tool on it. Next, I used a variety of distress inks to color in the blocks by placing the ink on a clear block and adding water with a brush. When it was dry, I cut it with a stitched circle.
I layered the Lemon Tart stripes paper on a white cardstock card base, rounding the right hand corners. The circle is on foam tape.
I die-cut the banner in True Black cardstock and stamped the sentiment in Versamark, sprinkled it with white Zing and heat embossed it. The banner is on thin foam tape.
I added a few sequins and white thread around the spine to complete the card. I really like the look of the black and white sentiment and need to use this more often!
Card Details:
- Stamps: PTI Phrase Play #6
- Paper: PTI White Stampers Select, Lemon Tart Stripes, True Black; Watercolor 140#
- Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Peacock Feathers, Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade, Shabby Shutters; Versamark
- Dies: PTI Building Blocks; Lil Inker Designs Stitched Mats: Circles
- Tools: Corner Rounder; Heat Tool
- Other: Darice Plaid Embossing Folder; Foam Tape; Sequins; Crochet Thread; Zing
- Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!