Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Thinking Of You (MIM #216 - Adding Color To Cover Plates)

Happy July!!!

I wasn't planning to make a card for this week's PTI MIM #216 - Adding Color To Cover Plates (hosted by Laura Bassen) but decided to do it. When I started inking up the Cover Plate, I didn't like the way it turned out because the Tropical Teal was too dark. I was going to throw it out but decided to use it by cutting off the portion I didn't like....

On white cardstock, I die-cut Cover Plate: Twist and inked it with Tropical Teal, Simply Chartreuse and Aqua Mist inks, rubbing the ink on the cardstock with a blending tool. As I  mentioned, the Teal was too dark so I cut off most of the bottom and trimmed off the edges. 

I adhered the partial Cover Plate to a piece of white cardstock and placed it on an Aqua Mist cardstock card base. I die-cut the butterfly in Aqua Mist and stamped the "layer" on it in coordinating ink. The antennae is cut in Smokey Shadow cardstock and the butterfly placed on foam tape.

I stamped the sentiment in Smokey Shadow ink and added glitter to the butterfly. It looked like it needed something else so I tied white crochet thread around the card.

It turns out I like the look of the partial Cover Plate! I'm glad I didn't throw it out.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Beautiful Butterflies Layers, Keep It Simple: Thinking Of You
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select, Aqua Mist, Smokey Shadow
  • Ink:  PTI Aqua Mist, Simply Chartreuse, Tropical Teal, Smokey Shadow
  • Dies:  PTI Beautiful Butterflies Layers, Cover Plate: Twist, Beautiful Butterflies
  • Other:  Glitter; Foam Tape; Crochet Thread; Tim Holtz Blending Tool
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful!! I'm glad you didn't throw it out either...some cards just need a little "tweaking" like mine did this week too! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!