Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Happy Birthday

I copied this style card from Heather Nichols, changing it up just a bit. Heather almost always uses Kraft cardstock and I really liked the use of red and white inks on it. 

On Kraft cardstock, I stamped the flower images, first in Berry Sorbet ink and then in Pure Poppy ink (my new favorite ink combo!), slightly overlapping the flowers.  The stems are Simply Chartreuse ink and the smaller flowers, Fresh Snow ink. I rounded the right hand corners and added white ink around the edges. I cut a red strip of Pure Poppy cardstock and placed it under the flowers.

In white cardstock, I die-cut the banner, stamped the sentiment in red ink and placed it on foam tape.  To finish the card, I added glitter on the flowers and Maraschino twine around the spine.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Bitty Bouquets, Sketched Shapes
  • Paper:  PTI Kraft, Pure Poppy, White Stampers Select
  • Ink:  PTI Pure Poppy, Simply Chartreuse, Fresh Snow, Berry Sorbet
  • Dies:  PTI Sketched Shapes
  • Tools:  Corner Rounder
  • Other:  Twine; Glitter; Foam Tape
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!