Friday, December 23, 2011

Baby's First Christmas

My friend Debbie asked me to make her a card for her first grandchild, Hadley.  I was looking on Splitcoaststamper's Gallery and saw a card with this baby stamp on it - and I just had to have it! I contacted the woman (thank you Linda!) who posted the card and she was kind enough to tell me she bought the stamp from Pink Gem Designs - and I immediately purchased the stamp.  Thank goodness it was a digital stamp, so I was able to get it right away. lol

I used pink for the card base and topped it with a paisley patterned paper.  The stamp is colored with Copics; I added stitching around the stocking (copied from Linda's card), pearl pen to the bow and tinsel glitter to the fur around the stocking and hat.  I also added a little pink chalk to highlight her cheeks.  The image is mounted on foam tape for dimension.  Isn't she adorable?

Hadley was cut from my PTI alphabet dies and mounted on foam tape. I added the two snowflakes in the corners with a pink gem in the middle.  My last step was to add the ribbon and the hat pin, made with silver balls, pearls and crystals.   

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  Pink Gem Designs
  • Paper:  DCWV
  • Tools:  Standard & Scalloped Rectangle Nestabilities, PTI Alphabet Dies
  • Other:  Copics, Hat Pin, Foam Snowflakes, Gems, Silver Balls, Pearls, Crystals, Ribbon, Tinsel Glitter, Pearl Pen, Chalk
  • Card Size:  5.5" x 5.5"

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!