Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Merry Christmas

I know many non-crafters don't realize the time and many steps that go into making some cards.  This card was really fun to make, but included a lot of steps.  So I thought I'd just list them to show what it took to make just one card.  This is my favorite Christmas card I made this year!

  1. Pick out the paper(s) to use - sometimes this can take a while......
  2. Cut and score the card base (Kraft paper); round corners on bottom
  3. Cut striped pattern paper; round corners; adhere to card base
  4. Cut diecuts:  snowman, hat, hat trim, arms, mittens, holly, merry, snowflakes (14 pieces)
  5. Edge snowman in tea dye ink, stamp face, buttons and Christmas; stamp snowflake on mittens
  6. Color nose with Copic, add pink chalk to cheeks
  7. Edge all Scarlet Jewel and Pinefeather diecuts with white ink
  8. Assemble snowman and adhere to card
  9. Glue tinsel glitter to bottom of snowman
  10. Attach twine to merry and mittens
  11. Adhere snowflakes with glue dots
  12. Adhere crystals to holly
And there you have it.....a simple 12 step card. 

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Snowman Accessories, Wonderful Words: Holiday
  • Paper:  PTI Kraft, Scarlet Jewel, Pinefeather; DCWV
  • Tools:  PTI Shape Up Series: Snowman Die, Wonderful Words: Holiday Die, EK Success Snowflake Punch, Corner Rounder
  • Other:  Chalk, Twine, Martha Stewart Tinsel Glitter, Crystals, Copics
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!