Friday, February 21, 2014

Celebrating With You...(MIM #152)

Well I didn't win anything during PTI's birthday celebration, but I'm not giving up! lol  I'm entering this card in their Make-It-Monday #152 contest  - this week is Layering Dye & Pigment Inks.

I used Winter Wisteria cardstock for my card base, rounding the bottom corners.  I took a piece of white cardstock and stamped it with polka dots in Fresh Snow ink.  I wasn't able to photograph the dots very well, but they are there!

Next, I took out one of my favorite sets - Ruby Reprise - and stamped the flowers in light purple and the leaves in light green.  I added tiny flowers in light orange - isn't this a great Spring color combo?  I am so ready for Spring after this harsh winter!  I added black centers to the flowers, using the little dots stamp from Reasons To Smile.  I use that little stamp so much!  I also added a bit of glitter to the purple flowers.

My last step was adding the sentiment.  I die-cut a stitched banner in Spring Moss to help bring out the leaves, stamped the sentiment in black ink and adhered it to the card on foam tape.  

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Ruby Reprise, Reasons To Smile, Polka Dot Basics
  • Paper:  PTI Winter Wisteria, White Stampers Select, Spring Moss
  • Ink:  PTI Fresh Snow; Memento Lulu Lavender, Pear Tart, Cantaloupe, Tuxedo Black
  • Tools:  Lil' Inker Designs Stitched Flag Die; Corner Rounder
  • Other:  Glitter; Foam Tape
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

1 comment:

  1. What a bright and cheery card...love your color choices! :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!