Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Hello Friend (MIM #153)

PTI's Make It Monday this week is "Watercolored Backgrounds With Heat Embossed Sentiments" (click here).  I always like trying a new technique and watercolor seems to be the trend right now.  I didn't have any watercolor paints like Dawn used, but I do have bottles of water based acrylic paint, which I guess is similar.

I used a piece of watercolor paper to create the background.  First, I painted the paper with a layer of water to get it wet.  Next, I mixed Cranberry Wine paint with water and just dabbed it all over the paper, making some areas a little deeper in color.  By just dabbing the paintbrush on the paper, it gave it a mottled look, which is what I was hoping for.  After the paint dried, I stamped the sentiment in Versamark ink.  I sprinkled it with white Zing embossing powder and heat set it with my heat tool.

After looking at the card, I didn't like how "plain" it looked and used Card Edgers #1 on the bottom.  Just cutting the bottom made the card look a lot better!  I only wish my photo would show just how pretty this Cranberry Wine color is in person (the picture makes it look pinker than it is)!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Think Big Favorites #3
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select; Watercolor
  • Ink:  Versamark
  • Tools:  PTI Card Edgers #1; Heat Tool
  • Other:  White Zing Embossing Powder; Americana Cranberry Wine Paint; Paintbrush; Water
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

6 comments:

  1. Love the colour and blotted look of your watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I love the colour and the texture of the paint!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty background. The edge made the card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh- I do love that shaped edge with this effect- wish I had thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how this turned out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!