Saturday, February 15, 2014

Valentine Doo-dad

Did you think I didn't make a doo-dad for the holiday?  haha  I did, thanks to Danielle Flanders...I saw this idea on her blog and since I already had Hershey Kisses and tulle in the house, thought it would be a good way to use those items.

I cut two 14" piece of tulle and laid them on top of each other forming a cross.  I placed 12 Hershey Kisses in the middle, gathered up the tulle and tied ribbon around the top to hold it together.

To make the tags, I cut 2" x 2" pieces of white cardstock and stamped them with various colors of ink.  I stamped the sentiment, a row of hearts underneath and added a heart made with my Cover Plate: Hearts die.  I really like the shape of this heart!  The heart was placed on foam tape and tied onto the ribbon with Peppermint twine.


Project Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Tag-Its #11, Love Birds, Heart Squared
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select, Pure Poppy, Raspberry Fizz
  • Ink:  PTI Pure Poppy; Memento Rosebud, Cantaloupe, Tuxedo Black; VersaMagic Turquoise Gem
  • Tools:  PTI Cover Plate: Hearts Die
  • Other:  Tulle; Ribbon; Foam Tape; Twine

1 comment:

  1. Oh... yay! So glad someone was inspired to try them, thank you for posting! They look adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!