For this month's challenge, Nichole posted this photo for inspiration. I love butterflies, but this looks vintage to me, which really isn't my style. But, still lots of inspiration and ideas from the photo!
I started with white cardstock and stamped 3 large butterflies in Berry Sorbet, Hawaiian Shores and Pear Tart inks. I added the layer of dots around the edge in Pure Poppy, Tropical Teal and New Leaf inks. Even though the colors are bright, I decided to use my new Keep It Simple: Praying For You stamp - so this card can be used for a sympathy or get well card. I'm hoping the colors will help brighten up the recipient's day!
To help fill in some of the white space, I stamped 3 small butterflies in Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise and Rosebud inks. The sentiment in stamped in Smokey Shadow ink. I rounded just the one right hand corner and thought the card was done.....
Then, while looking at the butterflies in the above picture, I noticed many of them were dimensional. Okay, no problem. I die-cut butterflies in coordinating cardstock and repeated stamping the dots layer. For dimension, I curled the butterflies using a bone folder and placed them right on top of the stamped ones. Much better, don't you think?
And to show the dimension:
Card Details:
- Stamps: PTI Beautiful Butterflies, Beautiful Butterflies Layers, Keep It Simple: Praying For You
- Paper: PTI White Stampers Select, Berry Sorbet, Hawaiian Shores, Limeade Ice
- Ink: PTI Berry Sorbet, Pure Poppy, Hawaiian Shores, Tropical Teal, New Leaf, Smokey Shadow, Summer Sunrise, Harvest Gold; Memento Pear Tart, Rosebud
- Dies: PTI Beautiful Butterflies
- Tools: Corner Rounder
- Size: 4.25" x 5.5"



very pretty.
ReplyDeleteSo sweet Diana, this would cheer anyone!
ReplyDeleteLove the dimension you added with the two layers , gorgeous design and card Lainey!
ReplyDeleteLove the 'movement' in your card!
ReplyDeleteLove the glitter and double layers!
ReplyDeleteThis is so sweet!
ReplyDeleteLove your color choices!
ReplyDeleteGreat colors and design! Lovely card!
ReplyDeleteCAS and just lovely! :0)
ReplyDeleteSo pretty. The layering of die cuts and stamping looks awesome.
ReplyDeleteOh, this is so pretty & fun!
ReplyDelete