Friday, December 15, 2017

I Hope Santa Spoils You Rotten (#1)

A friend asked me to make him cards using this elf and sentiment for his grandchildren. So here's the first one of five. I got this idea from Joy Taylor who is on the MFT Design Team.

I took a piece of white cardstock and ran it through the Cuttlebug with a wonky stitched rectangle. Next, I stamped the tree in black ink and colored it with Copic markers. I made a mask of the tree and sponged on Peacock Feathers ink around the tree, adding Harvest Gold ink around the star to make it look like it's glowing.

The elf is die-cut in white cardstock, stamped with black ink and colored with Copics. I added some chalk to his cheeks, glitter to the trim around his hat and shirt and placed him on foam tape for dimension. I stamped the sentiment in black ink and added the little bell on foam tape which was die-cut in white cardstock and colored with Copics.

The panel was placed on a white cardstock card base with a layer of blue and white diagonal striped paper. The blue in the paper matches the color in his shirt perfectly!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  MFT Santa's Elves
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select; Recollections
  • Ink:  PTI Harvest Gold; Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Peacock Feathers
  • Copics:  BG15, BG49, C3, E23, E25, E30, G24, R24, R29, V15, Y11, YG67
  • Dies:  MFT Santa's Elves, Wonky Stitched Rectangles
  • Other:  Foam Tape; Glitter; Chalk
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Fantastic colouring of the image, and I especially like the 2 tones of green on the tree and it's light blue BG.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!