Saturday, February 22, 2014

Happy February Birthday

PTI introduced new items this month --- one is a die and stamp set that will come out for each month!  I just got my order today and couldn't wait to use the "February" die.

I used Blueberry Sky cardstock for my card base and added a layer of blue gingham pattern paper.  I die-cut 6 stitched stars, making the two top stars (dark blue and white) on the right dimensional by scoring and folding them.  They're attached with glue dots.

I die-cut February twice, once in dark blue and once in coaster for support, because of course I wanted to pop it up since it's the focal point of the card.  If you cut foam tape thin enough it works!  I used my double-ended banner die and stamped "happy" on one end and "birthday" on the other and snipped the die-cut in half.

Can you tell I like stars?  haha  I added the row of white stars across the bottom.  I layered a dark and light blue star and placed a circle, stamped with "dad" on top with foam tape.  I added a couple more stars on the card and tied jute around the spine as the finishing touch.

I'm so happy with the way this turned out!  Very masculine looking, don't you think?


Another view to show more of the dimension:

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Keep It Simple: Birthday, Tiny Tags
  • Paper:  PTI Blueberry Sky, Enchanted Evening, White Stampers Select; Amuse Gingham
  • Ink:  PTI Enchanted Evening, Blueberry Sky
  • Tools:  PTI Monthly Moments: February Die, Super Star Border Die, Double Ended Banner Die; Lil' Inker Designs Stitched Stars Die; Standard Circle Nestabilities
  • Other:  PTI Coaster; Jute; Foam Tape
  • Card Size:  5.0" x 7.0"

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!