Monday, February 10, 2014

Love Is All You Need

Today's contest on PTI is to "use a large word as the focal point" of your project.  I wanted to use my new "Love" die and made this anniversary card with it.

I used Soft Stone cardstock for the card base and added a layer of pattern paper with pink little roses, rounding the bottom corners.  I die-cut a scalloped and a plain heart in two different color pinks, layerer them, stamping "is all you need" in Soft Stone ink on the light pink heart.

Next, I die-cut two arrows in Soft Stone and created the illusion of the arrow going through the heart by placing one of the die-cuts at either end of the heart.  The heart is adhered to the card with foam tape for dimension.

Love is also die-cut in Soft Stone cardstock and I added a Raspberry Fizz heart for a little pop of color.  For more dimension, I mounted Love on foam tape.  My final step was tying light pink tulle around the bottom in a bow.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Wonderful Words: Love
  • Paper:  PTI Soft Stone, Raspberry Fizz; Authentique Lovely; Recollections
  • Ink:  PTI Soft Stone
  • Tools:  PTI Wonderful Words: Love Die, Limitless Layers: Hearts Die, Sketched Shapes Die; Corner Rounder
  • Other:  Foam Tape; Tulle
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

2 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!