Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Baby's First Christmas

I needed to make a couple of boy cards for a first Christmas and didn't have a stamp for it so I did a Google search and found this stamp image on I Wanna Build A Memory.  Tracy made a card using this stamp and I just thought it was so cute!  It's a digital stamp, so I was able to buy the image and get it immediately.

I used Pure Poppy for the card base and added a layer of snowflake paper pattern, rounding the right hand corners.  I printed the image and colored it with Copics - I really liked the way Tracy colored her image so I pretty much did the same thing.  She added Glossy Accents to the ornament to make it shiny and yellow chalk around the baby's image.  I did the same things - it's not something I would have thought to do!

I cut the image in a circle and placed it on a scalloped circle, paper piercing the scallops.  I created the sentiment on the computer and added the ribbon and bells, tied with red twine.  I added a bit of pink chalk to his cheeks and glitter underneath the baby's bottom and feet.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  Mo's Digital Pencil "First Christmas"
  • Paper:  PTI Pure Poppy; DCWV
  • Tools:  Standard & Scalloped Circle Nestabilities; Deckled Rectangle Nestabilities; Paper Piercer
  • Other:  Ribbon; Glossy Accents; Copics; Foam Tape; Twine; Miniature Bells; Chalk
  • Card Size:  5.5" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!