I made a bunch of gift tags for the Craft Fair - 10 different in all so I'm going to post them 2 at a time over the next few weeks. I used the Tag Sale #1 die for all of them so they would be more uniform. All of the tags have "to and from" on the back of them for gift giving.
For the santa, I die cut the tag in Dark Chocolate cardstock and added a layer of multi-striped pattern paper, adding a Dark Chocolate circle on the top for reinforcement (the tag punches out this reinforcement).
I die cut a tag in white cardstock and edged around it in Antique Linen ink. I stamped the santa image and colored it with Copics, adding glitter to his beard, hat, and cuffs. I placed a green brad through the hole in the top of the tag and glued a pompom to his hat. The cardstock felt a little flimsy so I die cut another tag in coaster and adhered the white cardstock to it; it had much more support this way.
I stamped the sentiment and attached it to the tag base with foam tape for dimension and added the green ribbon.
For the snow bird I used Kraft cardstock for the tag base and added a layer of polka dot paper on top. I stamped the bird image onto Kraft and colored it with Copics, cut it out in a circle, edging around the circle with white ink.
I die cut a lacey circle in Pure Poppy cardstock, adhered the bird to it and attached it to the tag on foam tape for dimension. I stamped the sentiment and added glitter to the branch and the bird's tail. I glued flock to the bird's hat to make it look fuzzy. After adding the ribbon the tag looked like it needed something else so I added the snowflake punched from glitter paper.
Project Details:
Santa
- Stamps: PTI Holiday Button Bits, Tiny Treats: Christmas
- Paper: PTI Dark Chocolate, White Stampers Select; DCWV
- Tools: PTI Tag Sale #1 Die, Fillable Frames #9 Die
- Other: Copics; Ribbon; Tim Holtz Antique Linen Ink; Coaster; Brad; Martha Stewart Coarse Glitter; Pompom; Foam Tape
- Tag Size: 2.0" x 3-3/4"
Snow Bird
- Stamps: PTI Tremendous Treats: Christmas, 2008 Holiday Tags Collection, Fillable Frames #9
- Paper: PTI Kraft, Pure Poppy; Heidi Grace
- Tools: PTI Tag Sale #1 Die; Standard Circle Nestabilities; Lacey Circle Nestabilities; Martha Stewart Snowflake Punch
- Other: Copics; Flock; Martha Stewart Coarse Glitter; Foam Tape
- Tag Size: 2.0" x 3-3/4"


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!