Monday, May 5, 2014

Happy Birthday To You

This is another watercolor project I didn't like how it turned out, but instead of throwing it out, wanted to use a portion of it.

To create the watercolor background I used two different colors of Tim Holtz distress ink - Peacock Feathers and Shabby Shutters.  I tapped the ink onto my craft sheet, mixed it with water and brushed it over the watercolor paper.

For the sentiment I stamped it with Versamark ink, sprinkled it with white Zing embossing powder and heated it with a heat tool.  I found this scrap of black and white paper and placed it on a white card base, leaving a little of the white showing on the left and right sides.  I backed the teal square with a layer of black cardstock and adhered it to the pattern paper.  I really like this color combination!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  Amuse Eat Cake
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select; Recollections; Watercolor; Colorbok
  • Ink:  Tim Holtz Peacock Feathers, Shabby Shutters Distress Ink; Versamark
  • Tools:  Standard Square Nestabilities; Heat Tool
  • Other:  Zing Embossing Powder
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!