Sunday, May 11, 2014

I'm So Grateful For You

I saw this color combination on Betsy Veldman's blog a couple of years ago and it was stuck in my head all this time so I thought I would use it for a Mother's Day card.

These are the flowers from Natural Beauties, I just love this stamp set!  For the orange flowers I stamped them twice, once with the solid image and again with the detailed stamp.  For the aqua flowers, I only stamped them with the solid stamp.  I added the Hibiscus Burst flowers and the leaves in green ink.  There are 11 different colors of ink on this card and I love the way it turned out.

I die-cut the center using the Celebrations frame.  I die-cut the frame again in Aqua Mist cardstock and stamped the sentiment in black ink.  I ran the frame through the Cuttlebug using the Linen Impression Plate to give it a little texture.  The frame is adhered to the card on foam tape and the entire image placed on a Hawaiian Shores cardstock card base.

Each of the flower centers has a pearl made with Pearl Pen.  I added Cantaloupe twine around the spine and placed a heart stick pin through the bow.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Natural Beauties, Signature Greetings
  • Paper:  PTI Hawaiian Shores, White Stampers Select, Aqua Mist
  • Ink:  PTI Aqua Mist, Enchanted Evening, Hibiscus Burst, Pure Poppy, Scarlet Jewel; Memento Cantaloupe, Tangelo, Morocco, Tuxedo Black; VersaMagic Turquoise Gem, Tea Leaves
  • Tools:  PTI Celebrations Frame Die, Linen & Canvas Impression Plate Die
  • Other:  Twine; Foam Tape; White Ice Pearl Pen; Heart Stick Pin
  • Card Size:  5.0" x 7.0"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!