Monday, May 26, 2014

It's May - Time To Celebrate Your Birthday

I'm sneaking this one in under the wire - May is almost over.  Seems like it went by fast!

I used Bristol paper this time.  Bristol is good if you just want to do a light watercolor wash, not something that will be heavily wet.  I wet the paper with a light water wash and used Crayola watercolor paints, mixing a pink color and an orange color.  I just randomly brushed the colors on the paper until I liked the look of it.

After the paint dried, I stamped the sentiment in black ink.  I adhered the image onto a Hibiscus Burst cardstock card base, placing the image over to the right to leave a nice edge on the left and bottom.  I added a few gold sequins to make it a bit more festive.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Birthday Classics: May
  • Paper:  PTI Hibiscus Burst; Bristol Smooth 100 lb.
  • Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Other:  Crayola Watercolor Paint; Sequins
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!