Wednesday, May 14, 2014

True Love

The other day at crafts we were discussing gelatos and my friend pulled out her collection of Stampin' Up watercolor crayons which seem to be very similar.  She has a fabulous assortment of colors!

To make the background for this card, I selected Barely Banana, Only Orange and Rose Rouge crayons and scribbled them onto my craft sheet.  I wet my watercolor paper first with a bit of water and then mixed the crayons with more water, transferring the crayon to the watercolor paper.  I just kept playing around with it until I got the desired look.  I wanted something soft and spring like.

I rounded the corners of the background and adhered it to a white cardstock card base.  I stamped the sentiment in black ink onto a white rectangle.  To personalize the card, I added the number of years my friends have been married.  That's metallic thread I bunched together and placed behind the sentiment, which is on foam tape.  I keep seeing cards with thread on them and wanted to try it out.  Must be a new trend.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Inside & Out:  Love
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select; Watercolor
  • Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Cantaloupe
  • Tools:  Standard Rectangle Nestabilities; Corner Rounder
  • Other:  Stampin' Up Watercolor Crayons; Foam Tape; Metallic Thread
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!