Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Wishing You Well

I wanted to play around with emboss resist and thought I'd made a get well card with it.

I started with a piece of  white cardstock and stamped the flowers and leaves in Versamark ink.  Next, I sprinkled them with white Zing embossing powder and heat set them with my heat tool.  Using a dauber, I colored the flowers with Rhubarb Stalk ink and the leaves with Pearlescent Beige ink.  Notice I went outside the lines...that was intentional.  I rubbed off the excess ink on the embossing with a tissue.

I cut a 3/4" strip of vellum and stamped the sentiment in brown Stazon.  I wrapped the vellum behind the white cardstock and adhered it with Scor-tape.  I rounded the bottom corners and layered it on a Kraft cardstock card base.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI In Bloom, Think Big Favorites #7
  • Paper:  PTI Kraft, White Stampers Select
  • Ink:  Memento Rhubarb Stalk; Brilliance Pearlescent Beige; Stazon Timber Brown; Versamark
  • Tools:  Corner Rounder
  • Other:  White Zing Embossing Powder; Heat Tool; Vellum; Scor-Tape; Dauber
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!