Friday, August 9, 2013

happy birthday sailboat

I saw so many cards on Pinterest using the Moving Forward stamp set from Stampin' Up that I had to get the set!  Thank you Jill for ordering it for me!

I used Spring Moss cardstock for the card base.  I added a vertical strip of Enchanted Evening cardstock and a horizontal strip of dark blue chevron, matted with Blueberry Sky cardstock.

I die-cut a white circle, stamped the boat image and matted it on a scalloped circle of Spring Rain cardstock.  The bottom of the sail is colored with a blue Copic.  I wrapped jute around the card and placed the boat image on top, adhering it with foam tape for dimension.

I die-cut the clouds and randomly placed them on the card.  I added the metal star on the sail to finish the card.  This will make a nice masculine birthday card for any age!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  Stampin' Up Moving Forward
  • Paper:  PTI Spring Moss, Enchanted Evening, Blueberry Sky, Spring Rain, White Stampers Select; Amuse Chevron
  • Ink:  Memento Nautical Blue, Pear Tart
  • Copics:  B41
  • Tools:  PTI Clouds 1 & 2 Collection Dies, Heart-2-Heart #6 Dies; Standard & Scalloped Circle Nestabilities
  • Other:  Jute; Foam Tape; Metal Star
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

1 comment:

  1. I really like this - will case for my husband's birthday. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!