Thursday, August 22, 2013

Textured Button Thanks

The look of texture on these buttons happened by accident.  I was trying to stamp onto burlap.  I inked up my stamp, stamped the burlap and could hardly see the ink on it.  But, I could see there was a lot of ink left on the stamp itself, and when I stamped the leftover ink onto a piece of paper, there it was, a textured looking button!  I was surprised at my discovery.....I'm sure this is how many "inventions" happen....planning for one thing and getting another.

To make the card, I continued to ink up my button stamps, stamp them onto the burlap and then stamp the excess ink onto white cardstock.  I added the button holes and sentiment in black ink.  

I cut the corners with an inverted corner rounder and placed it on wine colored paper.  I added Marigold twine to finish the card.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Bits & Buttons, Mini Blooms
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select; Reflections
  • Ink:  Brilliance Pearlescent Poppy, Sunflower Yellow; VersaMagic Mango Madness; Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Tools:  Inverted Corner Rounder
  • Other:  Burlap; Twine
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!