Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Wishing You A Very Happy Birthday

Some of the paper used on this card is from my friend Jill.  Today's her birthday and I wanted to let her know that I really like (and am using) the paper and made her this card with it.

I used Raspberry Fizz cardstock for the card base and added a layer of confetti pattern paper.  I die-cut the balloons in Spring Rain and Raspberry Fizz and adhered them to the card on foam tape.  I used Shore and Pink Sorbet twine for the balloon strings, tying them together with a bow.

I cut a strip of Spring Rain cardstock and cut the bottom with a scallop die.  I die-cut "birthday" in the same confetti paper and adhered it to the blue cardstock.  I stamped the additional sentiment above it in black ink and placed it on foam tape for dimension.

The balloons looked too plain, which led me to die-cut a few tiny stars to place on them.  I was much happier with the card just by applying those little stars!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  Wonderful Words:  Birthday
  • Paper:  PTI Raspberry Fizz, Spring Rain; Imaginisce 
  • Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Tools:  PTI Birthday Style Dies, Wonderful Words: Birthday Die, Super Stars Border Die; Classic Scallop Edgeabilities
  • Other:  Twine; Foam Tape
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!