Saturday, August 24, 2013

it's a celebration

I continue to be amazed at how versatile the Watercolor Wonder stamp set is.  Here I'm using it as the background for cupcakes, a card inspired by one I saw on Pinterest by Caryn from A Passion For Papertrey.

I started with a white cardstock card base and stamp two different style paint strokes in red and blue inks.  I stamped the cupcakes, colored them with Copics and die-cut them into circles.

I stamped the sentiment and adhered the cupcakes with foam tape for dimension.  I sprinkled a little glitter on the cupcake tops to make it look like sugar on the icing.  Such a cheery looking card!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  WPlus9 Sweets & Treats; PTI Watercolor Wonder, Birthday Bash Sentiments
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select
  • Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black; VersaMagic Turquoise Gem; Brilliance Pearlescent Poppy
  • Copics:  BG15, BG23, R24, R29, E31, E33, E57
  • Tools:  Standard Circle Nestabilities
  • Other:  Foam Tape; Martha Stewart Coarse Glitter
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!