Sunday, August 25, 2013

Papertrey August 2013 Blog Hop

After participating in yesterday's Stamp-a-faire events I was a bit tired today and wasn't planning to enter anymore contests.  But then I saw the Blog Hop featured on Nichole's blog and figured why not!

The challenge is to pick one of 6 color combinations and 6 sketches.  I decided to go with this one - I liked the color combinations (since I'm still in my masculine card making mood) and thought the design was a bit different for me.


I used Kraft cardstock for the card base.  I die-cut the stars in Dark Chocolate, Kraft and Fine Linen cardstock and placed them diagonally across Vintage Cream cardstock.  Next, in True Black cardstock, I die-cut a pinking circle and placed it on foam tape for dimension.  I die-cut another circle in Vintage Cream and stamped the sentiment in brown ink.

My last step was adding the jute diagonally across the card - thank goodness for scor-tape - it's holding it securely in place!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI 2012 Birthday Tags
  • Paper:  PTI Kraft, Dark Chocolate, Fine Linen, True Black, Vintage Cream
  • Ink:  Brilliance Pearlescent Chocolate
  • Tools:  PTI Limitless Layers: Circles, Super Stars Border Die
  • Other:  Foam Tape; Jute
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!