Sunday, September 29, 2013

Happy Birthday (CAS #36)

This is a technique I saw on Pinterest - where you take masking tape or Washi tape, place it on top of a stamp pad, rub it lightly to get ink on it and then transfer the ink to your cardstock, again by rubbing the tape.  Each time you do it you get a different look - paint-like stripes where no two stripes are the same.

I used white cardstock for the card base and rounded the bottom corners.  I selected pink and green inks, using different sizes of Washi tape - 3/4" and 1/2".  After I had all the ink stripes on the card, I stamped the sentiment in black.

I remembered I had these pink adhesive stars and thought they made a great addition to the card!  (The colors on this card are much prettier in person - I have trouble taking photos of white cards.)

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Birthday Bash Sentiments
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select
  • Ink:  Memento Rose Bud, Pear Tart, Tuxedo Black
  • Tools:  Corner Rounder
  • Other:  Adhesive Gems; Washi Tape
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!