Sunday, September 8, 2013

Happy Birthday

I saw a card a while ago on Debbie Olson's blog that had these flowers (she made her's from coffee filters but I used regular pattern paper).  I looked to see what type of die-cut she used and bought it - it's called "Rose Creations" from Spellbinders.  It's a set of 9 dies:  6 flower sizes and 3 leaf sizes.  I had to watch a video on YouTube to see how to make them, but now that I know, I'll be using this set more often!

I used Royal Velvet cardstock for the card base, added a layer of Vintage Cream cardstock and a strip of coordinating pattern paper.  I rounded just the lower right hand corner.  I made the roses from purple pattern paper - there are 6 layers of flowers (2 large, 2 medium, 2 small) that are die-cut, shaped and put together with a little bit of glue and a silver brad.  For the leaves I used some embossed paper that I've had for ages....it's paper I bought and really had no use in mind for it.  haha

I stamped the sentiment in brown ink onto a die-cut of Winter Wisteria cardstock.  The sentiment is on foam tape for dimension.  The card needed some dressing up so I tied ivory ribbon around the middle.  I'm so happy with the way this turned out!


Here's a close-up of the flowers so you can see how dimensional they are:

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Gracious Vases
  • Paper:  PTI Royal Velvet, Vintage Cream, Winter Wisteria, Chocolate Remix; HOTP
  • Ink:  Brilliance Pearlescent Chocolate
  • Tools:  Spellbinders Rose Creations Dies; PTI Fabulous Frames Die; Corner Rounder
  • Other:  Ribbon; Brads; Foam Tape; Petal Roller
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!