Monday, September 16, 2013

Smile

Reasons To Smile is the free set I received with my PTI Stamp-a-faire purchase.  I'm so glad I decided to order that day to get this set because I'm really having fun creating cards with it.

I used Melon Berry cardstock for the card base, stamping stripes diagonally across it in the same color ink (an idea I got from Betsy Veldman).  I stamped the flowers in orange and melon inks and the flowers in a bright green.  I stamped the birthday sentiment in orange ink and placed "Smile" on an angle above it.  I think the angle adds to the card!

I distressed around the edges of the white and tied marigold twine around it.  The white is adhered to the card on foam tape for dimension.  For embellishment, I added a clear gem to each of the flower centers.


Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Reasons To Smile (2013 SAF), Background Basics: Super Stripes
  • Paper:  PTI Melon Berry, White Stampers Select
  • Ink:  Memento Tangelo, Cantaloupe, Pear Tart; VersaMagic Pink Grapefruit
  • Tools:  Tim Holtz Distressor
  • Other: Twine; Gems; Foam Tape
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!