Thursday, December 24, 2015

Christmas Doodad

Would it seem like a holiday if I didn't make a little doodad to give away? This year I decided I wanted to use my new All Through The House kit from PTI, using the matchbox and slider frame dies that come with it. When I was thinking about making them, I originally thought about using assorted cardstock colors for the slider frame, but it was taking too much effort to figure out what pattern papers to use to match things up. Then I thought if I made the main portion (slider frame) of the box white, it would be so much easier to just add pretty pattern papers, because everything goes with white! And I had beautiful packs of pattern paper I bought from Michaels last year - time to use them!!

Inside the doodad is a matchbox type box filled with Hershey Kisses. To make it, I die-cut the matchbox in colored cardstock and assembled it, adding a piece of coordinating pattern paper inside the drawer to match the same pattern paper I used on the outside of the slider frame tag.


The matchbox was taped to each side of the slider frame tags to keep it from falling out! I think if something lightweight was in the box, just tying the ribbon around the slider frame would hold it, but the chocolate is too heavy. Using Scor-tape worked! I also had to tie white crochet twine around the matchbox to keep it from opening.


I added a pretty piece of pattern paper on the outside and used various sentiments. Some of the doodads have tags on the side tied to the ribbon because I didn't want to cover the paper on top. I also tried to make them so they'd be suitable for male or female recipients!

These were so much fun to make and I'm sure I'll be getting a lot of use out of the set!

#1 - Circles

#2 - Snowflakes

#3 - Small Ornaments

#4 - Merry

#5 - Large Ornaments

#6 - Trees
Project Details:
Circles
  • Stamps:  PTI Jolly Holiday
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select; Recollections Christmas
  • Ink:  PTI Pure Poppy
  • Dies:  PTI All Through The House; Standard Circle Nestabilities
  • Other:  Ribbon; Scor-Tape; Crochet Twine
  • Size:  3.5" x 4.5"
Snowflakes
  • Stamps:  PTI Boutique Borders: Christmas
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select, Pinefeather; Recollections Christmas
  • Ink:  PTI Pure Poppy
  • Dies:  PTI All Through The House; Standard Square Nestabilities
  • Other:  Ribbon; Scor-Tape; Crochet Twine
  • Size:  3.5" x 4.5"
Small Ornaments
  • Stamps:  PTI Jolly Holiday
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select; Recollections Christmas
  • Ink:  PTI New Leaf
  • Dies:  PTI All Through The House; Standard & Scalloped Circle Nestabilities
  • Other:  Ribbon; Scor-Tape; Crochet Twine
  • Size:  3.5" x 4.5"
Merry
  • Stamps:  PTI Jolly Holiday
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select; Recollections Christmas
  • Ink:  PTI Pure Poppy
  • Dies:  PTI All Through The House, Tremendous Tags
  • Other:  Ribbon; Scor-Tape; Crochet Twine
  • Size:  3.5" x 4.5"
Large Ornaments
  • Stamps:  PTI Boutique Borders: Christmas
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select; Recollections Christmas
  • Ink:  PTI Hawaiian Shores
  • Dies:  PTI All Through The House, Tremendous Tags
  • Other:  Ribbon; Scor-Tape; Crochet Twine
  • Size:  3.5" x 4.5"
Trees
  • Stamps:  PTI Tag Its #8
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select; Recollections Christmas
  • Ink:  Pinefeather, Pure Poppy
  • Dies:  PTI All Through The House, Jolly Holiday
  • Other:  Ribbon; Scor-Tape; Crochet Twine
  • Size:  3.5" x 4.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!