Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Merry Christmas

Two years ago I bought Background Basics: Evergreens and I think only used it once. It must not have been a big seller because it's already in PTI's "Vault" (stamps no longer carried in regular inventory). Well, I decided to pull it out and use it on this card. I like this stamp set - it really makes a nice border....I have to remember to use it more often!

On Rustic White cardstock, I stamped the rows of trees in Ripe Avocado ink, leaving space for the sentiment. The sentiment is actually heat embossed in gold - too hard to see with this picture.

I rounded the corners on the panel and placed it on a Ripe Avocado cardstock card base. After seeing PTI's Make It Monday #233 about splattering, I decided to splatter some Mr. Huey's Gold Mist on the card. It added a nice touch! To add even more gold, I tied gold ribbon around the spine. The picture is a little dark - the card looks much better in person!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Background Basics: Evergreens, Keep It Simple: Christmas
  • Paper:  PTI Ripe Avocado, Rustic White
  • Ink:  PTI Ripe Avocado; Versamark
  • Tools:  Corner Rounder; Heat Tool
  • Other:  Zing Embossing Powder; Mr. Huey's Gold Mist; Ribbon
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!