Saturday, December 26, 2015

Papertrey December Blog Hop Challenge

I didn't think I'd have time for this month's Blog Hop, but I managed to fit it in. And I really didn't want to make another Christmas card, but I still have all my Christmas stuff out so it was easier than trying to come up with another idea.  This is the picture Nichole posted for us to use as inspiration:


On True Black cardstock I stamped the sentiment in Fresh Snow ink. The holly leaves were stamped in Vintage Jadeite on white cardstock and fussy cut...I don't have the dies for this set yet because they keep selling out! I placed the leaves on foam tape for dimension and added the berries, die-cut in Pure Poppy felt. I also used a bit of coarse glitter on the holly leaves.

Because the plates in the picture had a white border/design on them, I drew the lines and dots around the edges of the panel. To give it more of a chalkboard look, I took my dauber and dabbed a little bit of white ink all over the panel to make it seem like chalk dust. 

I placed it on a Vintage Jadeite cardstock card base. I think the black, white, red and green colors are so pretty together!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Stylish Sentiments: Holiday
  • Paper:  PTI Vintage Jadeite, White Stampers Select, True Black
  • Ink:  PTI Fresh Snow, Vintage Jadeite
  • Dies:  PTI Holly Jolly
  • Other:  Glitter; Gelly Roll Pen; Foam Tape
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

15 comments:

  1. So I gotta put the vintage jadeite on my wish list...looks awesome. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and I have to agree with Amy, the vintage jadeite is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful green holly against the black - and lovely sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! Your frame design just makes the whole thing pop! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific card - love the bright shade of green and the hand drawn frame!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, bright colors on the black BG! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card with that lovely jadeite!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an eye-catching card on Nicole's blog, Lainey - it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, love your hand drawn border! Such a nice finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card and was taken with your lovely border too

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lainey, this is absolutely one of the standouts of the Blog Hop. Jumped right out at me! Gorgeous stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the colors on your card!! That Jadeite color looks fabulous with the black and white and touch of red...love it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh boy that Holly die just pops! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!