I am so excited with my latest find in the craft world - Lil' Inker Designs! This company has some of the cutest dies and I especially like the ones with stitching around the edges. I will definitely be getting more of their stitched dies!
I used Raspberry Fizz cardstock for the card base. I picked out the double sided pattern paper I wanted to use for the pinwheel and used part of it on the bottom of the card and Vintage Cream cardstock on the top. Notice the stitching around the edges?? That's using Rectangle Stitched Mats! It adds an embossed stitching around the edge!! I die-cut the heart border and placed it where the two papers met.
The pinwheel is made with their Mini Pinwheel die. It's so easy to make.....you die-cut 6 petals for the pinwheel. Each petal has two holes in it. You stack the 6 petals and place a brad through one hole. Next, you fold the paper over to create the petals, placing the other hole on the brad and secure it. It's not hard to do at all! Here's a tutorial from Lil' Inker Designs that shows you how to do it. I added the button and twine on the top of the pinwheel, placed it on the card adding a straw for the handle.
My last step was die-cutting the Stitched Sentiment Flag - this also has stitching around the edge!! I stamped the sentiment and placed it on the card with a little piece of foam tape under the right side of the banner. I wanted it to look like the banner was flapping in the wind.
Card Details:
- Stamps: PTI Wishes Come True
- Paper: PTI Raspberry Fizz, Vintage Cream; K&Company
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
- Tools: PTI Heart Border; Lil' Inker Designs Rectangle Stitched Mats, Mini Pinwheel, Stitched Sentiment Flag
- Other: Queen & Co. Straw; Martha Stewart Twine; PTI Raspberry Fizz Button; Brad; Foam Tape
- Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"

Oh, that is SO stinkin' cute. Nice colors.
ReplyDeleteOooo1 This is so lovely! Thank you so much for sharing this with me! I'm so thrilled to hear you love your new goodies. I'm glad you found us too!
ReplyDeleteLaura
Lil' Inker Designs