Nichole showed us a video on how to use table salt or sea salt on cards.
For this technique you use an ink refill mixed with a bit of water and brush it over the paper. After you have your design completed, you sprinkle sea salt on top, let it dry and brush it off. I tried to do this using regular white cardstock but the water was drying too quickly so I switched to watercolor paper.
I made a quick design with my red ink and adhered it to True Black cardstock, rounding the right hand corners. For the sentiment, I used Framed Out #8, cut in True Black and Vintage Cream papers. I stamped "hello" and adhered the sentiment to the card with foam tape for dimension.
I have to say that this was not a favorite technique of mine. I really can't see how the salt made that much of a difference - maybe I didn't do it correctly. I'll have to take a look at the video and try it again some other time.
Card Details:
- Stamps: PTI Communique Sentiments
- Paper: PTI True Black, Vintage Cream; Watercolor
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Stampin' Up Rose Red
- Tools: PTI Framed Out #8 Die; Corner Rounder
- Other: Foam Tape; Sea Salt
- Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"

I like how you did a single color and made a somewhat stripe background. Very pretty!
ReplyDelete