Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Have A Very Merry Christmas

I'm starting to really like heat embossing again, I think because I'm using a better embossing powder - Zing.  This gold is so much shinier than the other gold I have and really makes a difference in the appearance.

The card base for this is Pinefeather cardstock, a dark, forest like green (I know it's hard to tell from the picture).  On cream cardstock, I stamped the pine cone branches all around the outside in Versamark ink, sprinkled them with gold embossing powder and used my heat tool.  I really like watching the powder turn into shine!

The sentiment is stamped in green ink on a stitched oval and adhered to the card on foam tape.  I stamped and embossed another pine cone branch on the bottom of it.

To complete the card I tied jute around the spine.  I like this card so much it might be my Christmas card for next year!  But that's a long way off and I'm sure I'll change my mind many, many times before then.  haha

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Peaceful Pinecones, Stylish Sentiments: Holiday
  • Paper:  PTI Pinefeather, Vintage Cream
  • Ink:  Memento Northern Pine; Versamark
  • Tools:  Lil' Inker Designs Stitched Mats:  Ovals; Corner Rounder
  • Other:  Zing Embossing Powder; Foam Tape; Heat Tool; Jute
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!