I am so happy with the way this card turned out, but I can't take credit for the entire design. One of the PTI Design Team members (can't remember who...) used this snowman with the "hugs & kisses" banner a few years ago. But the rest is my design!
I used white cardstock for the card base and covered it with pink and snowflake patterned paper. I also cut the snow drifts in white, attached them to the card and glued a lot of glitter along the edges. I die-cut the snowman, edging around it in brown ink and stamped the face and buttons, coloring the buttons and nose with Copics. I added a bit of pink chalk for the cheeks.
I die-cut the hat, arms and mittens, edged around them in white ink and placed them on the card. I die-cut "holiday" in Hawaiian Shores paper and the banner in Spring Moss to match the mittens. "Holiday" is adhered with foam tape as well as the scalloped circle with Olivia's name, created on the computer.
A large pom-pom was added to his hat and ribbon tied around the neck. I placed the ribbon on glue dots to give the effect it was being blown by wind. Again, some more non-traditional colors!
- Stamps: PTI Shape Up Snowman, Wonderful Words: Holiday
- Paper: PTI Hawaiian Shores, Spring Moss, Dark Chocolate, Hibiscus Burst, White Stampers Select; Recollections Christmas
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; PTI Fresh Snow; Tim Holtz Tea Dye
- Copics: BG13, RV10, YR15
- Tools: PTI Shape Up Snowman Die, Wonderful Words: Holiday Die; Double Ended Banner Die, In The Meadow Dies; Standard & Scalloped Circle Nestabilities
- Other: Ribbon; Foam Tape; Glitter; Chalk; Pom-pom
- Card Size: 5.5" x 5.5"

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!