Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Birthday Wishes

This card is the same technique posted 4/26/14 using PTI's Make It Monday #161 - "Watercolor Splats".  I liked the technique so much I wanted to make another card.

I used three different colors of Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Evergreen Bough, Peacock Feathers and Tumbled Glass to achieve this look.  I used a blending tool to apply the ink, hoping to get a nice ombre look - I think I succeeded!.  I sprinkled droplets of water on the image to get the "splats". 

I die-cut "birthday" from the center of the panel.  On a piece of black cardstock, I die-cut "birthday" again and inlaid it in the center of the card.  I stamped wishes underneath in black ink and adhered the panel to a white cardstock card base.  I really like how the black stands out with the blue background!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Wonderful Words: Birthday
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select, True Black
  • Ink:  Tim Holtz Evergreen Bough, Peacock Feathers, Tumbled Glass Distress Ink; Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Tools:  PTI Wonderful Words: Birthday Die
  • Other:  Water
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!