Thursday, June 26, 2014

Happy Birthday

This is another watercolor card using the acetate technique.  I used watercolor markers and scribbled the blue and brown inks onto a piece of acetate, generously spritzing it water.  I laid the white cardstock on top of the acetate and gently pressed the cardstock into the wet ink.  When I lifted it, I had this look that I was very happy with.  What I like about doing this is you never get the same exact look twice!

Once dry, I stamped the birds, ferns and sentiment in Dark Chocolate ink.  I rounded the corners and placed it on an Enchanted Evening cardstock card base.  Since it was a masculine looking card, I added the jute around the spine.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Masculine Motifs; Stampin' Up Wetlands
  • Paper:  PTI Enchanted Evening, White Stampers Select
  • Ink:  PTI Dark Chocolate
  • Tools:  Corner Rounder
  • Other:  Acetate; Watercolor Markers; Jute
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!