Monday, June 30, 2014

June Birthdays Are The Best

Sneaking this "June" card in on the last day of the month....doesn't June seem like it went by fast??

You can probably tell I like this color combination - grey and blue - it just screams "masculine" to me!  I used my "Traffic" embossing folder for this...not sure why it's called Traffic.  lol  I applied Tim Holtz Weathered Wood and Faded Jeans distress paints to the folder and spritzed it with water.  I placed a piece of watercolor paper on top and pressed the paint into the paper.  This is what it looked like when I lifted it! 

Using watercolor paper again, I cut the stitched circle and stamped it with dark blue ink.  I placed the circle on foam tape for dimension and adhered the panel to an Enchanted Evening cardstock card base.  I have a lot of grey twine and added the color Stone to the spine.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Birthday Classics: June, Birthday Classics: April
  • Paper:  PTI Enchanted Evening; Watercolor 140#
  • Ink:  PTI Enchanted Evening
  • Tools:  Lil Inker Designs Stitched Circles; Cuttlebug Traffic Embossing Folder
  • Other:  Tim Holtz Weathered Wood, Faded Jeans Distress Paint; Foam Tape; Twine
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!